Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

There are no festive holiday photos in this post.


We had a fantastic Christmas. I have no real photographic proof so you’ll just have to take my word for it. One of the very best things was that about a week or so before Christmas, Brant landed a full-time, salaried job. After a year of awesome, yet sporadic part-time work, we are REALLY excited about this new opportunity. And to make it even better – it’s in his chosen field (solar/operations management) and with a company that’s doing really exciting stuff in the solar industry. We are so grateful.
Also, I learned to make cinnamon rolls from scratch this Christmas. I used the Pioneer Woman’s recipe and they turned out great! Her recipes are amazing. Haven’t had one let me down yet. The recipe made 9 pans of rolls!

December 2013 3
I didn't eat ALL of them. But almost.

Someone gifted us a Costco sized box of Reses Peanut Butter Cups, so between those and the cinnamon rolls (and gingerbread cookies at work) I am riding a sugar high I’m terrified to come down from. Today is my first day off the sugar wagon. My goal is just to not eat any candy bars today. Or pancakes.  If you don’t hear from me again, you know what happened.
There hasn’t been a whole lot of running happening this past week or so. I busted my buns (literally) with some hills/sprints and had to take almost a week off to let things settle down. But I’m back to normal and ran an easy 4 on Saturday morning with Gordon. 

I know this post is full of randomness, but that’s what I have today. Here’s some more:

December 2013 2
Sunset from our house.

December 2013
Beach Day!
December 2013 4  
Christmas Rainbow







No comments:

Post a Comment